Typing in Vehicle Information manually to an order can be a tedious process. That's why you can use the Scan VIN Barcode to easily add or update the vehicle by just scanning the VIN.
Here is how to use it:
1. Open your Super Dispatch Mobile App
2. Click on an Order that you'd like to add vehicles to, or Create one.
3. In the Order Info screen, hit the "Scan VIN Barcode" button - this will open up a camera-like function
4. Aim the camera to a clearly visible VIN barcode on the vehicle - whether in the door jam or where the dashboard meets the windshield. This also works on stickers generated at auctions.
Note: Make sure that the green line on your screen, corresponds to the mid-line of the VIN barcode
5. The app will automatically recognize the vehicle and will populate and prompt "Vehicle Info" screen
6. Review and type in any additional info you'd like and hit "Save"
Now that the order has been updated, you are ready to Start a Vehicle Inspection.
As of our December 2016 update, the mobile user can Scan the VIN within an existing order without unintended order duplication. Instead, the VIN will be matched and vehicle info will be updated.
For further VIN matching clarification: The app matches VIN codes using the end of the VIN codes. For example, these VINs will match: WP0ZZZ99ZTS392124, ZTS392124, 392124. These VINs will not match: WP0ZZZ99ZTS392124, WP0ZZZ99.